In the Carpenter’s Footsteps
In the Carpenter’s Footsteps primarily needs monetary donations to buy building materials from suppliers in Costa Rica. Transporting them from the U.S. has become much more expensive. If you wish to support their efforts, you can give Duane a check made out to In the Carpenter’s Footsteps or mail it to mailed to C/O Mrs. Patty Searcy; 2011 Sara Lee Lane; Tallahassee, FL 32312. Or you can contribute online at http://inthecarpentersfootsteps.org/support.html .
You can also provide smaller items that missionaries can carry in their luggage. Here’s the wish list. Items in bold are the highest priority.
- Action figure dolls for boys or girls, (Barbie size) — for Bible school prizes
- Soccer Balls with a pump and needle, size 5 — for Bible school prizes
suggested source: WesternStarWholesale.com
- Sewing items: fabric, notions, thread
- Sewing scissors
- Men’s Toiletry Bags (30 are needed for men — Women’s bags are already covered): Zipped bags (small) in a solid color, e.g., black, navy, maroon, etc. Travel-sized toiletries to fill the bags: toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, razors, etc.
- Eyeglasses (readers or prescription)
- Clothes (summer clothes for children)
- Flip Flops
Through the Guardian Ad Litem Foundation, we’ll get wish lists for children in Gadsden County who are being assisted by Guardian Ad Litem volunteers. We’ll be able to start shopping for Christmas presents sometime in the Fall.
But in the meantime, we will let the congregation know of more pressing needs that are relayed to us by GAL volunteers. If a member can fill that need, Carolyn will arrange delivery.
Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes — Mid-October to Nov. ???